Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE) is the main share market in Bangladesh. DSE established in 1954.
Stock Exchange, Stock or Share Market is a system in which communication networks, financial institutions and relevant rules and regulations are established and activated in order to facilitate smooth flow of funds and corresponding financial instruments/assets.
The building or place where stocks are bought and sold is known as stock market or Stock Exchange.
Major functions of DSE are as follows:
- Listing of Companies (As per Listing Regulations).
- Providing the screen based automated trading of listed Securities.
- Settlement of trading (As per Settlement of Transaction Regulations).
- Gifting of share / granting approval to the transaction/transfer of share outside the trading system of the exchange (As per Listing Regulations 47).
- Market Administration & Control.
6. Market Surveillance.
7. Publication of Monthly Review.
8. Monitoring the activities of listed companies (As per Listing Regulations).
9. Investors grievance Cell (Disposal of complaint bye laws 1997).
10. Investors Protection Fund (As per investor protection fund Regulations 1999).
11. Announcement of Price sensitive or other information about listed companies through online.